Healthy Food Phuket
Healthy Food Phuket. More and more people are becoming conscious about what food does to them and are looking for healthy food on Phuket. It is great to see that people now know that a healthy diet is an important factor (perhaps the most) influencing their health, the way they feel and the way they look. Unfortunately for them it is a shame it is not being offered in abundance. Phuket hospitality is too much focused on budgets and profits, over the years it has become worse as turnovers have subsided due to the change in tourism seen over the last few years.
Hospitality profitability has gone down
As profits dwindle the search for cheaper and cheaper products increases and instead of joining the global growth in organic demand what is happening on Phuket is the other way around, cost cutting means buying less quality and the situation simply becomes worth. Be careful here. Demand organic, ask for certificates, ask for the story behind, you are entitled to this. It is your health and you have to be conscious.
Healthy Food Phuket
Cost cutting….. be careful
More and more restaurants are cutting costs and their focus is on income. The food they buy needs a long shelf life while their health minded customers are looking for a long life.
Also please watch out also when they say they buy from Pura Organic Foods Ltd as many say they do while this is not the case, feel free to contact us to check/verify. From the highest ranked resorts to the simplest of restaurants they love to say they buy their organic products from Pura Organic Foods Ltd why they do NOT. Please contact us to find out. 5 Star resorts have told their guests they bought their products from Pura, no they didn’t. They put organic on their menu’s but many times it is not organic. They all know they should but …….
You are what you eat
As the saying goes “you are what you eat”, this basically says it all, it for instance simplifies the logic that what ever you consume has an influence on how you feel and how you look.
From this one can conclude that for instance when you opt for a period of juicing you should do so with healthy organic produce only. The success of these diet changes can considerably be improved when indeed you prevent consuming chemicals, pesticides and herbicides.
1. For Healthy Food on Phuket you have to check if the restaurant, resort or hotel serves organic food as unfortunately the non organic food is known to contain an abundance of chemical pesticide, herbicide and fungicide residues. Organic Food is non-GMO, more safe has higher levels of vitamin C, cancer-fighting antioxidants, and essential minerals such as calcium, magnesium, iron and chromium which makes it to the category of healthy food Phuket
Healthy Food Phuket
2. Organic is clean, organic is healthy food Phuket. Organic food does not contain food additives that can cause health problems such as heart disease, osteoporosis, migraines or hyperactivity.
Over 400 Chemicals…
3. More than 400 chemical pesticides are routinely used in conventional farming and residues are often present in non-organic food. It is therefore important and your are entitled to ask those who serve you food if they food they say is organic is really organic and if they have a copy of the organic certificate or a good reason why they call their food organic.
4. No genetic modification. Under organic standards, genetically modified (GM) crops and ingredients are not allowed.
5. Organic milk comes from cows which are not given anti-biotics which are not given growth hormones to increase production.
6. Who would you rather pay for your health, your organic farmer or the hospital?
7. There are high standards. Organic food comes from trusted sources that are inspected to ensure compliance to organic standards.
Dirty dozen in the U.S., but perhaps a dirty Gross here?
8. Many will have heard of the dirty dozen, a popular list in the U.S. which lists 12 vegetables or fruits to buy organic. Think I can safely say that that same kind of list in Thailand will probably contain a gross (144). Too many yearly returning articles about high pesticide levels on fresh produce sold in Thailand’s supermarkets. Many of these were even called “Clean”, or had the Q logo (for quality) but turned out to be highly toxic.
9. Organic is better for the environment, better for wildlife.
10. Organic tastes better. Many prefer organic food because they say it simply tastes better.
You can read more about organic by clicking here:”