Acai Berry Powder
Acai Berry Powder, to summarise:
- Helps to increase your antioxidant levels to aid in neutralising damaging free radicals.
- Boosts your energy levels.
- Supports your immune system.
- Helps to promote a healthy digestive system.
Superfood can be defined as a food that offers superior nutritional value for the amount of calories it contains. Acai berries are considered one of the top superfoods, generally due to their incredible antioxidant properties, and are said to have numerous other health benefits.
The taste is often described as a fruity red wine flavour with chocolate overtones. They are highly perishable and therefore should be consumed within 24 hours. Within the nutritional pulp and skin, Acai berries are packed with antioxidants, amino acids, fibre, essential fatty acids, vitamins and minerals making it a near perfect energizing fruit.
The antioxidants found in Acai berry, anthocyanins, are excellent for heart health. Heart disease is increasingly becoming a problem in the world and finding natural ways of keeping your cardiovascular system healthy is an excellent option. Additionally, anthocyanins are also good at preventing the oxidation of cholesterol. When circulating cholesterol, no matter whether you have high or low levels, gets oxidised, it sticks to the walls of arteries causing their narrowing. This build-up of plaque eventually leads to high blood pressure which is of course dangerous.
- The fibre found in the berries skin and pulp can aid digestion. Fibre can help prevent or relieve constipation and may help support a healthy cardiovascular system.
- It is naturally high in essential fatty acids having a fatty acid profile similar to olive oil. The link between essential fatty acids and heart health and a healthy nervous system is well documented.
- The berries contain amino acids which help promote muscle performance, energy production, endurance and strength.
- The berries contain as much Vitamin C as blueberries and is also a source of Vitamins A, B1, B2, B3 and E. It is also a source of calcium, magnesium, zinc and copper.
With such an amazing nutritional profile, it is not difficult to understand why Acai berries can be beneficial for your health and may help slow down the ageing process
Check out more on this link: Webmd.com